Become a Friend
The Friends of Waikato Museum are part of the wider Museum family and their support enables the Museum to flourish and grow. Join the Friends for as little as $20 a year, meet like-minded people, receive invitations to special events and openings and enjoy a range of discounts and concessions. There are many benefits associated with membership including:
- Friends of Waikato Museum newsletters and advance exhibition information
- Invitations to exclusive Friends‘ exhibition openings at Waikato Museum
- Invitations to exhibition openings at ArtsPost
- Invitations to Friends’ bus trips to galleries, museums and sculpture parks
- 10% off the admission fee to Waikato Museum’s paid exhibitions, events and activities
- 10% discount at Waikato Museum’s shop
- 10% discount at ArtsPost’s shop
- 10% discount on beer from Hamilton Beer & Wine Co
- 12.5% discount on wine from Hamilton Beer & Wine Co
- 10% discount at Poppies Bookshop Hamilton
- 10% discount for NZ Symphony Orchestra concerts on box office prices
- 10% discount at Gordon Harris Art and Graphic Supplies
- 10% discount at Auteur House DVD/video rentals
- 10% discount at Hood Street Bistro.
What does it cost to be a Friend?
- Individual $30
- Concession $20 - Super Gold Card holder, full-time student, etc
- Joint $50 - Any 2 individuals under the age of 65, does not have to be a couple (e.g. mother and daughter)
- Family $60 - Any combination of family members (e.g. grandmother and grandchildren). The group gets 4 membership cards that they can share
*rates as of 1 January 2023
For more information contact the Membership Secretary
- Phone 07 838 6417
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What the Friends' funds are used for
The Friends of the Museum raise funds to purchase artefacts and artworks to gift to Waikato Museum. These gifts are added to the Museum collections for the benefit of everyone. By becoming a Friend, your generous support will assist in further commissions or purchases.
In addition, Friends' funds go towards sponsorship of Museum events and special projects such as the refurbishment of Exscite.
Recent Friends' acquisitions
Left: Chuck Joseph, Toy soldiers (Von Tempsky and the Hau Hau 1868)
Centre: Richard Stratton, Structures of Stricture, Agate Tea Chest, 2012
Right: Ann Verdcourt, Still Life after Morandi
Friends' Committee members