Friday 21, 5.30pm
Preview of the exhibition Home by Morning
We often travel by night. Kiwis are, after-all, nocturnal birds. In Home by Morning Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato showcases art from the collection that features nocturnal sojourns: a night spent on a beach, at a friend’s house, the drive through the heartland that takes you home, and the endless hills that silently change with the dawn.
Home by Morning draws heavily on works collected by Barry Hopkins (b. 1942 d. 2017).
RSVP to Friends of Waikato Museum: phone 07 838 6417, text 027 2484 884, email firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday 19 February with names of those attending and payment method.
Please pay by one of the following:
• Direct credit to Friends of Waikato Museum SBS Bank 03 1355 0628408 00 reference Home by Morning.
• Cheque to Private Bag 3010, Hamilton 3204. Please make cheques out to Friends of Waikato
Museum, and include a note with names of those attending.
• At the Museum front desk during Museum opening hours, using cash, card or cheque.
Monday 30, 5.00 for 5.45pm
Hamilton History Walking Tour
Starting at Waikato Museum, this tour offers an insight into the varied stories of Hamilton's past, from the traditions
and legends of Kirikiriroa, through the early days of the settlement by Europeans, to the booming central city of the
glory days in the 1950s. Learn about the quirky characters of Hamilton's past, hear stories about the major events
that shaped the areas around the Museum and view the stunning public art, original architectural features and
mighty river. This is a guided walking tour that is wheelchair conducive.
• Cost $20.00 per person (includes tour with audio headset, and drinks and nibbles)
• Duration approx. 60 minutes
• Booking essential: RSVP to email@example.com by 5pm Thursday 26 March.
• Minimum of two people required, with a maximum of 12.
Join us for a drink and nibbles at 5pm prior to the walk at 5.45pm.
Payment may be made by any of the means noted above in regard to the exhibition preview.