Quality Assurances and Testimonials
Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award
Waikato Museum is proud to be a Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award holder. This means we have been recognised as a sustainable tourism business, that delivers exceptional customer experiences while meeting stringent quality standards and environmental criteria.
Qualmark is New Zealand tourism’s official quality assurance organisation, which provides a trusted guide to quality travel experiences. Qualmark looks to recognise businesses that are delivering a holistically sustainable experience. Businesses are independently accessed by a tourism expert and awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold award depending on their performance against the Sustainable Tourism Business criterion. These businesses would have to be proven to deliver a quality sustainable experience, have safe principles and practices, and showcase true New Zealand hospitality.
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame
The TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence honours hospitality businesses that deliver consistently great service and have consistently achieved great TripAdvisor reviews over the course of a year. Businesses that have received a Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years qualify for the Hall of Fame. Waikato Museum entered the Hall of Fame in 2018.
Be. Accessible Be. Welcome Silver Award
Waikato Museum is committed to creating an attraction that supports the Be. Accessible initiative. We have been awarded Be. Welcome Silver status which recognises our commitment to accessibility.
Other Awards and Recognition
- Runner-up, Science & Technology Exhibition Excellence, Service IQ Museum Awards 2019 for Inventions and Innovations: Waikato Bright Sparks
- Runner-up, Tourism/Hospitality Business Award, Hamilton Central CBD Awards 2018
- Highly Commended, Tourism/Hospitality Business Award, Hamilton Central CBD Awards 2017
- Finalist, Most Innovative use of Te Reo Maaori, Service IQ Museum Awards 2017 for Te Whaanau Maarama: The Heavenly Bodies
- Finalist, Exhibition Excellence: Taonga Maaori, Service IQ Museum Awards 2017 for Te Whaanau Maarama: The Heavenly Bodies
- Finalist, Service Excellence category, Westpac Waikato Business Awards 2017
- Winner, Tourism Award, Hamilton Central Business Awards 2016
- Winner, Best Exhibition - Regional Taonga Māori, Service IQ Museums Awards 2016 for E Ngaa Uri Whakatupu - Weaving Legacies: Dame Rangimarie Hetet and Diggeress Te Kanawa
- Finalist, Best Museum Visitor Experience Service IQ Museum Awards 2016 for For Us They Fell: The Waikato experience of WW1
About our museum experience:
- "A treasure trove!”
- "Great museum, well done! Very informative."
- “We thought all of the exhibits were wonderful. You have a terrific museum.”
- “The gallery and public spaces had an inclusive atmosphere that was appreciated by a diverse group of visitors. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly.”
- “Wonderful experience - Bright Sparks awesome and good for my three-year-old. I will be back. Very excellent customer service.”
- “Absolutely lovely museum to come and see, Thanks you. Nga mihi kia koutou.”
About our education programmes:
- “What a fantastic time our school had today here at the Museum - fabulous hosts. We will be back again.”
- “The learners really enjoyed all the different sessions and it was great seeing them all so engaged.”
- “Hands on aspects - kids love it!”
- “Very engaging educator. Made it fun. Children were focused and enthusiastic.”
- “All children and adults raved about the visit!”
- “Always find the museum easy to book, well organised and beneficial. Thanks for your programmes.”
- “Communication and organisation prior to visiting were excellent. Educator was great with our children.”
- “The children loved every moment of the activities. This museum exhibition was one of the most engaging and fun trips I have taken children on and I have been teaching for over 20 years.”