Information for teachers
Bookings are essential.
To arrange your visit, call our Education Manager Jennifer Hamilton on 07 838 6830. Alternatively you can email us.
To make planning easier we have prepared a set of RAMS Forms for school visits. These can be downloaded and personalised:
Museum class times and schedule will be arranged at the time of the booking.
Managing your visit
Before you arrive
- It is helpful for you to have a discussion with your class about visiting the museum environment. Click here to view our guidelines for groups
- We will send you a confirmation of your booking by email.
When you arrive
- Bring your group to the Schools Entrance at the top right of the Museum. Your educator will meet you.
- We supply any pencils, paper or other equipment you may need for your visit.
At the conclusion of your visit
- Please sign off the numbers of children in your group and details of payment.
- An online evaluation form is available to complete at your leisure. Please let us know how you found the programme. We appreciate knowing what we are doing well and to hear any suggestions you may have for improvement.
Early childhood - 1 adult:4 students
Years 0-6 - 1 adult:8 students
Years 7-10 - 1 adult:15 students
Years 11-13 - 1 adult:30 students
These ratios include teachers/supervisors.
|Short education programme||$6 per student|
|Extended education programme (Big Day Out half-day)||$8 per student|
|Full education programme (Big Day Out full-day)||$10 per student|
|Exscite and Inventors and Innovations: Waikato Bright Sparks Education programme||$8 per student|
|Exscite and Inventors and Innovations: Waikato Bright Sparks + a gallery programme||$10 per student|
Prices vary according to the programme selected, duration of your visit and consumables used.