Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to the Fieldays No.8 National Art Award open to all permanent residents and citizens of New Zealand. Entry closes 5pm Tuesday 7 March 2017.
2. The exhibition will be held at ArtsPost, Hamilton from 21 April – 22 May 2017.
3. All applications must be on the Fieldays No.8 Wire National Art Award official online entry form. Artists may submit more than one entry but each entry must be entered separately using the online form.
4. The entry fee is $25.00 per entry (non-refundable). An entry is not valid until payment has been received.
5. Artworks must be created from a minimum 50% No.8 wire or a 4mm soft galvanised wire equivalent and must feature some evidence of agriculturally-influenced materials.
6. Entered works cannot have been previously exhibited anywhere in the New Zealand art arena or elsewhere. The entry must be created for, and to be first viewed, at the Fieldays No.8 Wire National Art Award 2017. All works are to be original. All submitters/entrants are to be the owner of the work(s).
6.1 As an entrant, you may be invited by NZ National Fieldays to exhibit your work at the Fieldays from 14 - 17 June 2017. If your work has sold prior, permission would have to be given by the new owner. NZ National Fieldays will prepare a loan contract with the artist or owner. Unsold works exhibited at the Fieldays can be offered for sale.
7. Entrants must submit an image of their entry via the online entry form of a reasonable resolution quality. Images must be high quality JPG file format 1-3MB and no smaller than 800x600px. (1280x960 is recommended). There is also an option on the entry form to load a link to a video work (e.g. on You Tube or Vimeo). Please note: these images may be used to promote the exhibition.
8. Artworks must be less than 2960mm high and be able to fit through a doorway of 1050mm wide x 2100mm high. Ceiling and wall mounted objects to weigh no more than 10kgs.
9. Any additional costs incurred by an entrant for installation, hireage, maintenance or operation of the exhibit, which is not covered by the normal exhibition costs provided by Waikato Museum, shall be paid by the exhibitor at the time of installation. Similarly, any exhibitor with an entry that requires specific legal, regulatory or safety applications to be met, shall undertake to carry out these procedures to the satisfaction of Waikato Museum prior to installation.
10. Finalists will be notified of their selection by 20 March 2017.
11. The judge’s decision is final. There will be no discussion/correspondence entered into this decision.
12. Sale of works:
12.1 All entries must be for sale. The' Artist Price' is to be shown on the entry form.
Waikato Museum will receive a commission of 40% on all works sold plus 15% GST on the 40% commission = 46% total commission.
The Artist Price (AP) must be the price you wish to receive for your artwork. To calculate the 'Catalogue Price' (CP).
AP$ ÷ 0.54 = CP$
i.e. CP$1,000 (AP$540 + $460 commission)
12.2 If the artwork is sold, Waikato Museum will pay the artist the 'Artist Price' at the conclusion of the exhibition.
12.3 It is the entrant's responsibility to make their dealer or agent aware of their entry.
12.4 There will be no sales prior to opening night.
12.5 All sold works will stay on display at ArtsPost for the entirety of the exhibition.
13. Freight and delivery of work:
13.1 Specific packaging, freight and delivery details will be advised if selected.
13.2 Finalists work is to arrive at ArtsPost on 18-19 April 2017.
13.3 Waikato Museum staff will take all care but accept no responsibility for any loss or damage or deterioration that may occur to entries. Artists should arrange their own insurance for the duration of the exhibition.
13.4 All artwork must be securely packaged in reusable packing materials suitable for the return of work to the artist, including those personally delivered. Your name, address, and title must be adhered to the outside of packaging for ease of identification.
14. NZ National Fieldays Society and Waikato Museum reserves the right to reproduce the exhibited artworks for advertising and marketing purposes of any form. There will be no entitlement to royalty or other payment for reproduction.
15. Entrants are automatically added to Waikato Museum's database and entrants will receive updates on new events, exhibitions and awards from Waikato Museum.
16. Staff and immediate families of NZ National Fieldays Society and Hamilton City Council (Waikato Museum) are not entitled to enter the Fieldays No.8 Wire National Art Award.