Call for proposals: Culture Club at Waikato Museum
30 May 2016
Waikato Museum is seeking applications from our ethnic community interested in performing at the Museum in a series of afternoon events on the first Sunday of the month from 2 July to 4 December 2016.
Culture Club will celebrate the diversity of cultural communities from our city and the wider region.
We are looking for a range of styles and set ups from groups and individuals that reflect the cultural mix found in our community. As these events take place in our galleries, a maximum of 30 people performing in your group is ideal. For example, you may be a cultural performance group, specialising in dance, song, instrumental or movement.
Like to know more?
- Selection will be made by Waikato Museum from supplied demos. Groups will be selected on quality and to reflect the mix found in our local community.
- Culture Club events are scheduled from 3pm – 4pm. Successful groups/ individuals need to be able to perform a minimum of 40minutes.
- Payment for each concert is $200. Performers will need to complete a Hamilton City Council supplier contract (if not an existing supplier) and invoice Waikato Museum payment which may include withholding tax.
Interested? Please send us details by Friday 17 June 2016, including:
• Your name and contact details
• Group or stage name if applicable
• A demo CD, or a link to a website e.g. You Tube.
You will hear from us by Thursday 23 June 2016.
For more information or to apply please email Kirsten Petersen, Public programmes Coordinator email@example.com