Take part in Celebrating Waitangi Day 2016
15 December 2015
Waikato Museum is seeking musicians, poets, performers and artists to take part in Celebrating Waitangi Day 2016
Celebrating Waitangi Day 2016 will be a family and community day to celebrate and acknowledge the growing together of the people of New Zealand.
We are seeking contemporary and traditional performers and artists to fill the day with art, music, workshops and performance.
You may be a solo artist, a school, student or community group - if you have a repertoire that can fill 20 minutes on stage, or a one or two hour waananga/workshop, we would like to hear from you.
Like to know more?
• Selection will be made by Waikato Museum and Te Ahurei a Rangatahi Trust. The panel will consist of: Curator Dr Dan Morrow from Waikato Museum and Hamiora (Harmz) de Thierry from Te Ahurei a Rangatahi Trust.
• Performance is voluntary, promotion and catering for the day will be provided.
• The event is on Saturday 6 February 2016, 10am-5pm.
Please email your expression of interest to: Kirsten.Petersen@hcc.govt.nz by midday Tuesday 22 December, including:
• Your name and contact details
• Band or stage name if applicable
• A demo CD, or a link to a website e.g. You Tube
You will hear from us before 24 December 2015.